Refund and Returns Policy
Table of contents
Should a product you have ordered be:
- temporarily unavailable, Planet Electronics will notify you thereof as well as the anticipated delay in delivery and, unless you agree to wait for such longer period for delivery, or accept delivery of another product instead, Planet Electronics will issue a refund in respect of that product to you;
- permanently unavailable, Planet Electronics will notify you and, unless you agree to accept another product instead, Planet Electronics will issue a refund in respect of that product to you.
Non-defective products (your right to return)
- You are entitled to return any purchase concluded on Planet Electronics Online Shop within 14 days of the product(s) being delivered. In order to obtain a purchase price refund, the product(s) being returned must be returned to one of the Planet Electronics shops in accordance with the return procedure set out in clause 7 below.
- Consequently, if upon receiving your purchase you are not satisfied with your choice of product(s) and wish to return it for a refund as aforesaid, please retain the product(s)’ original packaging and do not use the product.
- If the incorrect product is delivered to you by mistake (i.e. it is not the product you purchased), please do not remove the product from its original packaging or try the product on at all. Please promptly contact the Planet Electronics call centre on (+27) 0860 65 64 63 or email info@localhost to notify Planet Electronics thereof, so that we can resolve the mistake by arranging to collect such product from you and deliver the correct product to you as quickly as possible.
If, within 1 month after delivery of a product to you:
You find that the product is defective/faulty, unsuitable for the purpose generally intended (or otherwise expressly indicated by Planet Electronics at time of purchase), or not legal or reasonably durable (based on the circumstances and product type) (“defective”); and – you arrange to return such product to Planet Electronics for inspection in accordance with the returns procedure in clause 7 below, and the product is subsequently found to indeed be defective, you are entitled to either –
(a) be fully refunded, or (b) have the product repaired or replaced at Planet Electronics expense
If the product is found NOT to be defective, you will NOT be entitled to any repair, replacement or refund but will instead be liable for the costs incurred in having such product returned to Planet Electronics and then redelivered to you.
When is a product defective? Please note: the following are examples of things which will NOT be regarded as defects and will NOT entitle you to any repair, replacement or refund under the general warranty above: faults resulting from normal wear and tear; damage arising from incorrect usage of the product.
Certain products may come with a supplier’s guarantee. If so, this will be stated in the product listing on the site. Clear details of these guarantees are given in their listings and no shopper may ask to be covered by a wider-ranging guarantee other than the one shown on such product listing.
You may not under any circumstances return the following:
- Products that you or any other person has altered, repaired, incorporated or added to where such alteration, repair, incorporation or addition has not been authorised by Planet Electronics.
Return procedure to be followed
- Pack item into box
- Pack the item(s) in their original packaging into a box to protect the items you are returning.
- Visit your nearest Planet Electronics Shop
- Drop off the parcel
- You must take the package to a Planet Electronics Shop of your choice:
Unit 2, Tailormade Park, Henry Vos Close, Asla Park, Strand, 7140
Unit 1, Cypress Park, 19 Cypress Drive, Glen Anil, Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
Unit 7 Gateway House, 129 Rooiberg Street, N4 Gateway Business Park, c/o Solomon Mahlangu Drive & Pretoria Street, Silverton, Pretoria, Gauteng
You will be refunded on return of the item and you will be refunded back to the form of payment you used to pay for the order (either Cash or Credit Card), unless you specified that you want exchange.
- Processing of credits and refunds: Should you be entitled to a refund for any reason, such refund shall either be effected on the credit card used to purchase the product, or be returned in cash on return of the item if payment was done via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT), having been cleared by Planetworld finance team. The following documentation is required when a request is sent through for an Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) refund – Bank confirmation letter. If you bought a discounted item and want to return the item, the reduced price will be paid back to you and not the full price.
- Fraud Prevention: Planetworld reserves the right to refuse, in the interest of fraud prevention, processing any payment for any order, and/or to cancel any purchase partially or completely, with notice given to you. Planetworld will be responsible for returning funds for the cancelled portion of the order to you only if you have already paid such funds.